cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL custom board with two uSD card?

levaipeter73
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to ask if it is a problem to build a custom board based on the IMX6UL with a uSD card for both the uSDHC1 and uSDHC2 controllers? I would like to use the two uSD cards at the same time, one for booting (uboot + OS) and the other for storing data.

I know this is an unusual design because almost all boards come with an eMMC + uSD combo. Therefore, I could not find any information anywhere about how exactly the uSD connectors should be connected to the processor in such a configuration.

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance...

Best Regards,
Peter Levai

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @levaipeter73,

I hope you are doing well.

One can use the uSDHC1 and uSDHC2 as uSD card slots. However, one needs to make sure that booting supported uSDHC port is used as a booting device.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos

levaipeter73
Contributor I

Dear @riteshmpatel,

Thank you for your quick answer. So if I understand correctly, there is no problem with what we want to do.

We have already made a working iMX6UL custom board (based on the iMX6UL-14x14-EVK) with an eMMC and a uSD. Now we are making a new version of it that also has a uSD instead of the eMMC. And we need 1.8V for both to achieve SDR104 speed mode.

Could you help me with some questions?

1. Now we have replaced the previously used eMMC with a second SD. Could you please check if both SD (SD1 and SD2) lines are OK? I have attached our schematic. (The PMIC, Power, DDR and USB circuits should be ok since we used them in the previous version as well...)

2. Previously on LCD (config) pins we used the configuration to boot from eMMC. Now we want to boot from SD. To do this, the current configuration should be reversed on the attached schematic. The rest of the configuration should be tide to 0 or 1 or just left open? Previously we had left it open.

3. I have attached the relevant parts of our DTS file that we would use for this new board. Can you check if this will be correct?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,
Peter Levai

0 Kudos

riteshmpatel
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @levaipeter73,

Please raise a new ticket including the additional questions.

Thanks & Regards,
Ritesh M Patel

0 Kudos