IMX6UL Nandflash access using openocd jtag

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL Nandflash access using openocd jtag

balasubram
Contributor I

I have custom board based on imx6ul processor which has nand storage. If i want to flash ubifs nand images to nand flash the only option is using JTAG. So to flash images on nand we are loading images to Ram by using openocd software and further Ram to nand through uboot commands. But unfortunaltely the images loading to Ram using JTAG+Openocd takes very huge time approximatley more than 3hrs. So I want to flash images directly to Nand instead of loading images to Ram. Using openocd how to do this? What way i can directly flash images to nand?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

balasubram
Contributor I

Hi Igor, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately my custom board doesnot support USB/USB OTG, SDCARD and Ethernet. It has only UART and JTAG support. Can you suggest Do you have any other method to flash or else  please provide reference algorithms.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bala

nand programming uses complicated algorithms and jtag is not supported by nxp,

recommended to use Mfg Tool or UUU tool:

GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos