cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6UL CUSTOM BOARD MFGTOOL PROGRAMMING ERROR

Jump to solution
goiatzmaser
Contributor II

We have a custom board based on a IMX6ul proccesor with custom uboot and kernel.

We have 1Gb DDR3 ram and 2Gb NAND flash.

When we try to download the image, we are facing with CMA allocate error (comparing with our imx6ul-evk initialization).

If we recompile the kernel, reducing the size of cma, the system hangs on Starting kernel... Only if we put values >=320 kernel initializes but shows the error attached in the file.

Any help will be apreciated.

Regards,

pd: DDR Stress Test passed and calibrated correctly.

Goiatz

Original Attachment has been moved to: LOG_REPRO_MASER_NAND.txt.zip

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goiatz

your board has 128MB and it can not reserve 320MB.

i.MX6UL 9x9 EVK is working fine with cma=96M, there is

IMX_L3.14.38-6UL9x9_PATCH_MFG_TOOL (REV L3.14.38_6UL-Patch)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

could you try to rebuild uboot as in attached mx6ul_14x14_evk.h :

#define CONFIG_BOOTARGS_CMA_SIZE  "cma=96M "

If this will not help one can try to remove from image some drivers for decreasing image size.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes one can disable framebuffer driver. Also suggest to check that

other non-existent modules were not used: csi, one ethernet and can.

Can you confirm that board is working, that is able to run linux from any media ?

~igor

goiatzmaser
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

In fact, when we disable cma allocation the board continues correctly!!  Now I have to check kernel drivers because I got an error detecting nand device, but I get the same error with the evaluation board, so I think that is because I have disbled too much drivers.

Thanks for your help, I will  write here when the board is working.

Goiatz

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goiatz

your board has 128MB and it can not reserve 320MB.

i.MX6UL 9x9 EVK is working fine with cma=96M, there is

IMX_L3.14.38-6UL9x9_PATCH_MFG_TOOL (REV L3.14.38_6UL-Patch)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

could you try to rebuild uboot as in attached mx6ul_14x14_evk.h :

#define CONFIG_BOOTARGS_CMA_SIZE  "cma=96M "

If this will not help one can try to remove from image some drivers for decreasing image size.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
goiatzmaser
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your repply.

First of all, we are using imx6ul14x14 micro.

But I adapt mx6ul_14x14_evk.h file and the kernel now starts with 96Mb but still can´t allocate CMA. If I try with other value, for example 64Mb, the systems hangs on "starting kernel".

I am recompiling the kernel removing some drivers that we will not use. Our micro is g1 without display.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Goiatz

one can check attached Linux Manual Chapter 11,12 PxP, ELCDIF Frame Buffer Driver

and remove unnecessary drivers.

~igor

0 Kudos
goiatzmaser
Contributor II

Thanks for the manual,

Our board will not use any lcd so, we can disable framebuffer driver?

I reduce unecessary drivers, but still can´t allocate 96Mb.

0 Kudos