您的意思是: 
已解决

IMX6SX - MFGtool error when programming emmc

跳至解决方案
2,629 次查看
justthat1
Contributor II

Hi everyone,
I'm currently using a custom board based on the imx6sx sabresd schematics where the SD4 is replaced by an EMMC.
When I try to program the board using the mfgtool, the software will stop at "access boot partition 1" and after a few seconds the message "mmc3: Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt. mmc3: new HS200 MMC card at address 0001" will appear. If I try to resume the mfgtool, everything goes fine, but the board won't boot anyway.

My pin setting is the following: SW10: all off; SW11: 3,4,5 on; SW12: 2 on.

Has anyone experienced a similar error?

You can find attached the whole mfgtool log

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6sx_mfgtool.log.txt.zip

标签 (5)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,240 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you can try other card, to check if this is caused by rpmb presence.

~igor

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
5 回复数
1,240 次查看
nikolaydimitro1
Contributor II

Hi aa,

As already suggested by igorpadykov, this is probably an issue with RPMB on your eMMC.

Please check this patch: https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2014-July/009702.html

Essentially, the patch fixes the udev rule (60-persistent-storage.rules) to ignore RPMB:

KERNEL=="fd*|mtd*|nbd*|gnbd*|btibm*|dm-*|md*|mmcblk*rpmb", GOTO="persistent_storage_end"

Hope this helps. Regards,

Nikolay

0 项奖励
1,240 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi a

after replacing SD4 with EMMC it is necessary to rebuild mfg tools using

imx6sx-sdb-emmc.dts as described below

http://git.embedian.com/developer/smarc-fsl-linux-kernel/commit/4b07536a25db281619ce249a46a71e0bb8a0...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 项奖励
1,240 次查看
justthat1
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, though i'm already using the exact same file (i've only renamed it to match the name of my custom board).
In fact, as you can see from the log file at line 487, the emmc card is correctly recognized (4GB emmc) only after an hardware timeout has expired. This way the mfgtool cannot access the boot partition and write the necessary files on it.

I'm running some hardware test on the emmc, especially on the reset pin to check it's fine, since I just noticed that it's not declared inside the .dts file in the pinctrl section but only in the u-boot source code (with NO_PAD_CTRL configuration). I'll post if something relevant shows up.

0 项奖励
1,241 次查看
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you can try other card, to check if this is caused by rpmb presence.

~igor

0 项奖励
1,240 次查看
justthat1
Contributor II

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I could try just now with a different card and it worked just fine. I'll keep digging into it to see what was the problem. Thanks for your help.

Have a great day :smileyhappy:

0 项奖励