Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6SLL DDR Stress Tool

Jump to solution
vlintilhac
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to get the DDR stress tool to work with the IMX6SLL-EVK (before moving to my custom board), using JTAG.

The tool works fine using the GUI/USB combo, but I cannot get the JTAG to work.

I adapted the given .inc script for my IDE (I'm using Ozone) and the registers are correctly set. But the program seems to loop inside the Boot ROM and not go to the OCRAM addresses where the program should be downloaded. And I don't have anything on the UART (I have forced the set up of UART1 during the initialization, but nothing change).

The PC seems to not point to the good address.

What Initial PC and SP addresses should I configure?

I tried the default ELF PC (0x00907174) and the main() function address (0x00908E90), without success.

Best,

Vincent

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

may be recommended to try application in elf (relevant addresses are embedded) format,

ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6sll.elf included in ddr_stress_tester_jtag_v3.00_setup.exe.zip archive.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-6-7-DDR-Stress-Test-Tool/ta-p/11082...

uboot archve has ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6sll.bin, its load address is 0x0090700 as described on

above link in sect. "Option 3 U-Boot"

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

may be recommended to try application in elf (relevant addresses are embedded) format,

ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6sll.elf included in ddr_stress_tester_jtag_v3.00_setup.exe.zip archive.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/i-MX-6-7-DDR-Stress-Test-Tool/ta-p/11082...

uboot archve has ddr-test-uboot-jtag-mx6sll.bin, its load address is 0x0090700 as described on

above link in sect. "Option 3 U-Boot"

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos
vlintilhac
Contributor III

Hi,

I had to change the software I was using for debugging, for some reason Ozone was not pointing to the good address with the elf file.

I can now access the stress tool.

Thanks.

Vincent

0 Kudos