cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6S dual cameras

markirwin
Contributor I

Dear All,

I am trying to interface two parallel cameras to a imx6solo. I have been using an riotboard for development testing but unfortunately I don't think there is access to both CSI0 and CSI1 on the board. I know there is an MIPI interface on this too. My question comes down to can the imx6s actually interface two cameras to the signal IPU? One is for still images and the other for video.

The IPUs have four data buses, If i was to use two MIPI cameras could I connect two data channels to each camera?

Most of the examples I have seen involve using one parallel camera and another USB camera but i'd prefer not to go down this route.

Thanks in Advance.

Mark

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

yes two cameras can be connected to IPU as shown below

1.jpg

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

markirwin
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

I know you can connect two cameras to the seperate CSI0 and CSI1. But if i was to use 2 x MIPI CSI2 dual lane cameras is it possible to connect one to D0 and D1 and the other to D2, D3 data lanes? What about CLK0 will i need to use a high speed switch between the two cameras?

We are using a solid-run SOM within iMX6Solo which has only one IPU connected to the headers for MIPI CSI2.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark

no. One can design fpga and connect two cameras to it,

then connect fpga to i.MX6.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos