IMX6Q6AVT SD Boot Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q6AVT SD Boot Issue

saimadhusudhank
Contributor I

Our custom board  needs to boot from SD card . Followed the steps from these links

For u-boot

u-boot on the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands

For UImage

Linux on the i.MX6 sabre sd platform in a few commands

We made necessary changes in Hardware  for Internal Boot (Boot_mode-0b10 ) and

Boot_CFG(Boot_CFG1[7]:0,Boot_CFG1[6]:1,Boot_CFG1[5]:0,Boot_CFG1[4]:0) registers,

for SD4 Selection Boot_CFG2[3]:1 , Boot_CFG2[4]:1.

I cannot see any prints on UART2.

I was using u-boot-imx6-boundary-v2015.07  for bootload code and compiled as explained in above link.

For kernel I was using 3.10.17 Linux-imx6 -Boundary Devices by customizing its device tree for SDIO and other interfaces.

Are these changes sufficient .Do I need to do any changes in Hardware or Software?

Please Suggest some debug methods .

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The community posts you're referring to explain how to build the images for the i.MX6Q SABRE SD board by NXP that may differ by hardware from your custom board. The one difference I can immediately notice is that the SABRE SD board uses UART1 (not UART2 as you mentioned) as the console port. So, first, check all the possible hardware differences (with regard to the processor interfaces used) of your custom board from the i.MX6Q SABRE SD one. Also, check with the oscilloscope, does the processor ever try to access SDHC4 port after power-on reset.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

saimadhusudhank
Contributor I

Thanks Artur Petukhov.

Problem solved by downloading u-boot source from Boundary devices git and compiled using this command

"make mx6qsabresd_config".

Then used dd command to write the bootloader in to SD card.It was working fine.

0 Kudos