IMX6Q with ADV7481 video quality issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q with ADV7481 video quality issue

刘国华
Contributor III

We have a customer  who use the IMX6Q and ADV7481 as a video transformation product .
Please refer to the picture below for the block diagram .

ADV7481.PNG
Right now the customer already develop their product , and verify the all function .
But there is something performance issue need to improve .
The customer ‘s test condition is that :
PC computer output the 1080p30hz video signal to the ADV7481 , then IMX6Q CSI module capture the video signal and send it out to a HDMI monitor with any video compressing and recording .
We use the linux V4L2 application which released by NXP to capture the video signal .
IMX6 just act as retransmission function . But now the video signal in the HDMI monitor is not good . Sometimes there is some while line flickering on the picture .
Screenshot from 2017-03-02 11_21_47.png

I have uploaded the video in the FTP below :
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1qYTQ0Ny

Can somebody give me any suggestion ?

Thanks .

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

hbyiwen
Contributor I

which kernel bsp did you use? I'm debug adv7481 driver on imx6q,can you send your kernel source code with adv7481 driver to my email:hbyiwen@163.com

expect to a depth communication

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

one can try dmfc=3 in kernel boot parameter. Also recommended to try

with minimal image (without graphic) and measure ddr throughput

MMDC Profiling Tool 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

刘国华
Contributor III

Hi Igor

Thanks for you reply . i have add the parameter dmfc=3  in kernel boot parameter , but unfortunately  it is not use .

For the MMDC profiling Tool , I can not download the file , which i have no access right .

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

please try MMDC profiling tool  in imx-test (/mmdc)
www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-test-5.7.tar.gz

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos