IMX6Q opengl es not smooth while dual display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q opengl es not smooth while dual display

jiejia
Contributor III

There are two screen in our board. One is hdmi(1280x1024P-60 32bpp), another is lvds(1280x1024P-60 32bpp).  When we try to render to one of the screen, it's smooth(export FB_MULTI_BUFFER=2).   Now we need to render different graphics to two screen at the same time, but it's not smooth. 

We create two process, and use 'eglNativeDisplayType = fbGetDisplayByIndex(x);' to render  to /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb2.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jie

one can try kernel boot parameter dmfc=3 as described in

Table 10. Common kernel boot parameters attached Release Notes.

Also one can try to adjust IPU QoS priority configured by IOMUXC_GPR6,7,

it is described in sect.36.4.7 GPR (IOMUXC_GPR6) i.MX6DQ Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jiejia
Contributor III

We create two process, and use 'eglNativeDisplayType = fbGetDisplayByIndex(x);' to render  to /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb2. While EGL_WIDTH=1024 and EGL_HEIGHT=1024, it's smooth.  While EGL_WIDTH=1280 and EGL_HEIGHT=1024, it is not smooth.

0 Kudos

jiejia
Contributor III

thanks for reply. 

I have try to set dmfc=3, but it has no effect.   

In out borad, IPU OoS priority value is:   IOMUXC_GPR6--0x007F007F

IOMUXC_GPR7--0x007F007F

IOMUXC_GPR4--0xF00000CF

I think this is cause by this function: eglSwapBuffers.  Is there any solution to improve the perference of GPU  or to make eglSwapBuffers run faster?

0 Kudos