Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q: X11 2D HW acceleration performance

Jump to solution
LeviathanSteven
Contributor III

Hi,

Recently, I am working on a imx6q based board. The software is ubuntu_oneiric_4.0.0.tgz andL3.0.35_4.0.0_130424_images_MX6.tar.gz.

Also I did the instructions on file xserver-xorg-video-imx-viv-3.0.35-4.0.0/Instructions_to_setup_X11_acceleration_on_Ubuntu.

But I got one issue: the 2D X11 HW acceleration performance is not so good.

I just played the attachment 'GIF.gif', and found it can't be fluently played with full screen mode by double click in the playing window. Also I used the default X driver 'fbdev_drv.so', it also nearly have the same performance. So I would like to ask, does the X11 HW acceleration in vivante_drv.so really worked? From document i.MX_6Dual6Quad_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf we can see, only if the drawables containing less than 1024x1024 pixels, it will use software rendering. Otherwise, the EXA solid/copy operations will be accelerated. But my display resolution is 1920x1080, it will go to HW accelerated path,  and in my debug, I found some 2D HW acceleration API, such as gco2D_Blit has been executed correctly, but the gif file playback is still not fluently.

So are there any special setting to really enable or improve the X11 2D acceleration performance?

Thanks in advance!

Original Attachment has been moved to: Xorg.0.log.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: xorg.conf.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PrabhuSundarara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

GIF is being decoded by CPU. Hence it is not accelerated. Also check how the damage area being sent to X11, which will affect the performance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeviathanSteven
Contributor III

2D performance is also very important in user experience, when we open or drag a window, we do not want to see any lag, we just hope everything can be smooth!

So can we got it in X11 on imx6q?

0 Kudos
PrabhuSundarara
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

GIF is being decoded by CPU. Hence it is not accelerated. Also check how the damage area being sent to X11, which will affect the performance.

0 Kudos