IMX6Q-SDB SABRE Smart Devices not booting?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q-SDB SABRE Smart Devices not booting?

And9686
Contributor II

It's my first time using this board and booting an image into it. Im pretty sure i have the boot interruptors correct for the SD3 slot. I go to the website of this specific board and there are lots of android images and demos and sd and non sd and stuff and I'm very overwhelmed by it.

My kit has that display touchscreen and I tried to create an android image from one of those files in the website https://www.nxp.com/design/design-center/development-boards/i-mx-evaluation-and-development-boards/s...

(i think i tried this one IMX_O8.0.0_1.0.0_ANDROID_DEMO_SD)

I'm not sure if i ported the image well into the sdcard because when i connect it to the board nothing happens, even connect the ethernet port to my pc and doesnt appear in the ip list.

In the past I created images using buildroot for the raspberry pi, and i created using the correct defconfig files (at least the name was imx6-sabresd_defconfig and was inside boards/freescale) and I think this way im sure the image is loaded correctly but still doesnt happen anything, the screen doesnt show any data, neither if i connect the board to the hdmi port.

I dont have the demo Android SD card that comes with the kit so I can't really test if it's the board problem.

Also on the internet besides the website documentation I dont find much information and for a new user like me I don't really know where to search.

For example, in this image its one of the folders i downloaded from the website and i dont really know what to do with these files in order to make a bootable image. I also dont know if these are the correct files.Captura de ecrã de 2024-02-05 21-05-22.png

I just need help to get started, I feel like I'm just trying random things

I also leave you here with my buildroot image build. I just dd the sdcard.img file into the sdcard and tried to boot the board.

And9686_0-1707167291384.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products,

Please download documentation and Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 (Linux 4.9 kernel) image.

Follow chapters:

3.3 Flashing board images

3.4.2 Booting with single display: HDMI display

3.4.1 Booting with single display: LVDS display

3.5 Board reboot

From Android Quick Start Guide, Rev. O8.0.0_1.0.0. Hope it gets you started,

Regards

0 Kudos

And9686
Contributor II
How do I get MFGTools, looks like its not the same anymore, from my research.
0 Kudos

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Download binary uuu from here.

Regards,

0 Kudos

And9686
Contributor II
But how do I use it? Because the documentation you gave me its for the older mfgtools. Sorry to bother but I'm really newbie at this still.

Also, if you can answer to me, what is the dificulty of developing an automotive android for this board? What things do I need to do? Is better an android automotive(which i dont know how to even configure and set input and output ports) or a buildroot image (that i can configure, create the interface and try to make an environment that connects to android auto somehow)
0 Kudos