cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6DL board customization

srinivasaraopor
Contributor II

Hi,

We have taken aIMX6DL reference board design. Now we would like customize it by adding some external peripherals like IMU (SPI), Pressure Sensor/Altimeter  (I2C), GPS (UART/I2C) etc.

The reference board has provided external ports for I2C, SPI.  is it sufficient that we connect peripherals  (IMU, ALtimeter and GPS)  toI2C,SPI, UART connections. or we need to make changes in software also.

If we need to make changes in software. then they should be made in host system and again they have to cross compiled or we can do it imx6 board once the board is booting.

What are all the files they need to be changed or modified. is there any document which briefly explains about addition of some external modules to reference designs.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Srinivasa

usually software is written for some reference board, for example BSP for Sabre SD board.

If your board exactly copies reference board, no changes in software are needed.

If custom board differs from reference board, then changes are needed,

have to be cross compiled on host computer, one can refer to attached Porting Guide.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos