[IMX6-sabresd] How to check if the gpu / vpu work without a screen with Linux BSP 3.10.17

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IMX6-sabresd] How to check if the gpu / vpu work without a screen with Linux BSP 3.10.17

Jump to solution
jemaleng
Contributor III

Hello, everyone,

How can I check that the gpu and vpu works correctly on the freescale imx6q sabre sd board without any screen. I've just have access to it via ssh or via usb (and the command console screen).

I installed the BSP 3.10.17 but I'm not sure that parameters are correct in the .dtb (I saw the status of the vpu was status="disabled", i changed it to okay but i don't know if it's the only modification that I should do).

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jemaleng
Contributor III

Ok. I solved the problem. If you make your own combination (dtb, kernel, distribution), it seems you need to use the ****-ldo.dtb to make it work with gpu and/or vpu activated. All tests work now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Aubineau_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You have GPU and VPU unit test in /unit_tests/ folder.

You can also do a "dd" command of the FB to check if you have something written in the FB.

dd if=/dev/fb0 of=/home/user/screen_fb0_Audi_1280x480_16BPP.raw && sync

With "The Gimp" for instance, you can read RAW pictures.

Regards,

Vincent

jemaleng
Contributor III

Thanks. It doens't work for the moment. I still have the problem when I'm trying to launch the drivers.

0 Kudos
jemaleng
Contributor III

Ok. I solved the problem. If you make your own combination (dtb, kernel, distribution), it seems you need to use the ****-ldo.dtb to make it work with gpu and/or vpu activated. All tests work now.

0 Kudos