Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 VPU h264 encoder parameters

Jump to solution
anjojohn
Contributor IV

Hi All,

I am using imx6 vpu h264 encoded video fro streaming. Resolutions range from VGA to 1080x1920p. For VGA resolution (640x480) bitrate is 512 kbps. But when motion happens the video is blurred. This can be reduced if bitrate is increased. Is it possible to get more quality  if i adjust any of the h264 encoder parameters ? 

gop-size

slice-size

intra-refresh

idr-interval

Any tuned values for these parameters

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to use higher bitrate, if still has poor performance, try to enable deblocking filter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anjojohn
Contributor IV

how to enable deblock filter in encoding path. i am using gstreamer-1.0

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

refer to the enclosed file, the parameter "int avc_disableDeblk" in the "EncAvcParam"

anjojohn
Contributor IV

i tried the avc_disableDeblk=1 , it did improve some but the video is having blur for motion.  I can't increase bitrate above 1Mbps, as this would stop my streaming to internet. Without the bitrate parameter set and the quant-parameter to be between 20-25 , the motion blur is gone, but the variable bitrate changes abruptly between 200 Kbps and  1200 Kbps. This much sudden burst data can't be handled with my internet connection and packets will be dropped.

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to use higher bitrate, if still has poor performance, try to enable deblocking filter

0 Kudos