IMX6 Solo fails to go into serial boot mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Solo fails to go into serial boot mode

yongwoolee
Contributor II

I am developing the IMX6 solo board which is booting from eMMC.

The board is booting from the eMMC properly at the normal operation as a default. However, it doesn't go into the serial boot mode (USB otg) when the external boot mode selection is set to 01 in order to update the program on the eMMC.

Do you have any idea about why it always boots from the eMMC although the boot mode is set to 01 externally?

The external boot mode pins [0:1] is tied to the 3V_VSNVS and confirm all power rails are satisfied with the requirement.

After all power-up, the POR_B gets high properly.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yongwoolee
Contributor II

There are other infos.

1. A non-programmed board goes to the serial boot mode automatically because an eMMC is not programmed.

Then, I can program an eMMC with mfgtools.

2. After programming the eMMC via serial boot (USB otg) mode, it is able to go to the serial boot mode only by disabling the eMMC enforcedly. It scans the eMMC first and then goes to a serial boot because the bootloader on the eMMC is not detected.

Only the issue is that the board can't go to the serial boot mode by external boot mode select pins.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi YongWoo

please check sect.8.11 SD/MMC Manufacture Mode

i.MX6SDL Reference Manual :

"..boot will go to SD/MMC manufacture mode before serial download mode."

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos