cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 MfgTool not loading u-boot.bin as expected

Jump to solution
jamese
Contributor II

I'm using the MfgTool to load a custom u-boot to our board over USB.  The u-boot is basically the one from the SDK, and has the HAB stuff added to it.  I had to make the linker changes, and the system seems to work well on the SabreSD eval board, though that was loaded off of an SD card.  In the case of the new board, the MfgTool loads the u-boot.bin, but sometime after the main u-boot code, somewhere in the padding that follows, it cuts off the download, so everything after the padding is lost.

Is there a trick to get the MfgTool to load the entire image?  The documentation I've found is very light on what it's doing.  I'm assuming that the tool is determining the size of the image to load based on something other than file size, but can't find what that is.  Any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,James,

Did you resolve your issue ?

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,James,

I need more details about your projects ,Could you tell me following :

(1)Which CPU you are using ?

(2)which uSDHC port ?

(3)Can you paste the ucl2.xml file here?

Let me see burning list for your board.

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,James,

Did you resolve your issue ?

Weidong

0 Kudos
jamese
Contributor II

I'm sorry for the delayed followup.  No, I never managed to get the USB loader to load the FPGA bitfile the way I was trying to do it, but found another way.  I simple added another line to the XML config file, and loaded the file to a different address in memory, and from there I was able to do what was needed.  Thanks.