IMX6 GStreamer plugin mfw_v4lsrc preview during recording problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 GStreamer plugin mfw_v4lsrc preview during recording problem

racer
Contributor I

Our IMX6 board is using SII9135 HDMI video input device, the SII9135 driver is adpat "mxc_v4l2_capture" architecture, and the GST_FSL_PLUGIN version is 3.0.7. using gstreamer, we can correctly do video bypass preview  and video recording separately, using below commands:

gst-launch-0.10 -v mfw_v4lsrc device="/dev/video1" capture-mode=4 preview=0 bg=1 fps-n=30 ! mfw_isink 

gst-launch-0.10 -v mfw_v4lsrc device="/dev/video1" capture-mode=4 preview=0 bg=1 fps-n=30 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv, width=1920, height=1080' ! vpuenc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=1080p.mkv

------------------

But we need to do preview and video recording at the same time. so we tried below command, but the preview is not working.

gst-launch-0.10 -v mfw_v4lsrc device="/dev/video1" capture-mode=4 preview=true preview-width=1920 preview-height=1080 bg=1 fps-n=30 ! 'video/x-raw-yuv, width=1920, height=1080' ! vpuenc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=1080p.mkv

-------------------

When we look inside the "mfw_v4lsrc" plugin source code, we found the "preview" property is readonly in the code. so by default, it cannot do preview.  I tried to modify it read-writeable, and using the above command, but got segment fault.

My question is:

If the above command is correct to setup the gstreamer pipeline to do preview and video recording simultaneously ? or if there are bugs in the mfw_v4lsrc plugin or driver need to fix?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

racer
Contributor I

Some updates for the question.

If we change the "preview" property to read-writeable, and invoke the gstreamer command line, the gstreamer will report the " ipu_request_irq" error, it's in the location "ipu_bg_overlay_sdc.c-->bg_overlay_start-->csi_enc_enabling_tasks", we know the ipu IRQ has already installed when encoding task (ipu_csi_enc.c-->csi_enc_enabling_tasks), so the ipu_request_irq fail.

So that means, the "mxc_v4l2_capture" driver cannot support preview? or something else wrong?

0 Kudos

lwx
Contributor II

I have the same problem with the IMX6. If mxc_V4l2_capture does not support preview,now how to preview while recording.

Have you solved the problem?

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dan,

I think that it is correct, the  mxc_V4l2_capture does not support preview, please take a look to the following link:

mfw_f4lsrc does not work corretly if 'preview=false'

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos