Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Dual Screen

Jump to solution
seb38
Contributor II

Hi all,

i'm trying to enable on a IMX6Q Sabre Lite two screens with two different contents. My software is bare metal and run just after U-Boot.

Running U-Boot phase, i'm have the two screens (LVDS and HDMI) in mirror configuration (both are have same content).

Then in my software i configured the system to have

- LVDS screen on IPU1 DI0 using IDMAC channel 23 (DMFC channel 5B DC Channel 5) on display 0

- HDMI screen on IPU1 DI1 using IDMAC channel 24 (DMFC channel 6B DC Channel 6) on display 1

the LVDS is OK but the HDMI is not. I have "no signal" on my screen. Would it be possible to get all the registers to have the HDMI working (clks, Mux ...) ?

Any help would be very welcomed as i followed as much as possible all the doc and was not able to find the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Seb

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
seb38
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thanks a lot for your help. I'm still facing an issue: I'm using a single ipu and on di0 channel 23 display 0 I have a lvds and on di1 channel 24 display 1 I have hdmi.

it seems that channel 23 is synchronous while channel 24 is asynchronous and it seems to be an issue as lvds is working fine when using ch23 and same hdmi is working fine when ch23 is used. But both types of display are not working with channel 24. It seems that associated channel task is on pause.

do you have idea on what is missing to connect a lvds or hdmi to asynchronous channel.

thanks again for your help

seb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
seb38
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

thanks a lot for your help. I'm still facing an issue: I'm using a single ipu and on di0 channel 23 display 0 I have a lvds and on di1 channel 24 display 1 I have hdmi.

it seems that channel 23 is synchronous while channel 24 is asynchronous and it seems to be an issue as lvds is working fine when using ch23 and same hdmi is working fine when ch23 is used. But both types of display are not working with channel 24. It seems that associated channel task is on pause.

do you have idea on what is missing to connect a lvds or hdmi to asynchronous channel.

thanks again for your help

seb

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Seb

please look at splashscreen patches

Patch to support uboot logo keep from uboot to kernel for NXP Linux and Android BSP (HDMI, LCD and L...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos