cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Dual Lite Watchdog reset

emecc
Contributor II

Hello!

We have started to ramp up a product with an IMX6 dual lite based board at the heart of it. With the increase in volumes of boards being tested and placed into units we have been seeing a reset issue with some of the boards where after  being alive and active in the kernal the IMX6 will reset (brown out).

Info

• I have monitored all of the core voltage rails (powered by 1.35V) and see no sign of a power dip.
  • The resetting will stop after the board has been on for 20 mins+ or so
  • The cause of the reset is always "WDG"
  • A couple boards will reset after roughly 1 minute, and some take ~ 5 minutes to reset
  • This has occurred on some but not all of our boards.

Question:

Has anyone experienced something like this?

What sort of events trigger a the WDG to reset? 

Labels (2)
2 Replies

emecc
Contributor II

Igor,

Thanks again for your post here : https://community.nxp.com/thread/460038 

For anyone who reads this in the future we were seeing WDOG reset issues when we switched from a SD card to an eMMC chip. After much head scratching we figured out the 40 kHz clock feeding the watch dog counting would become unstable. We proved adding an external crystal would stabilize the watchdog timer clock, but this post mentioned the need to tie RTC_XTALI to GND if no crystal was needed.

I tried grounding the RTC_XTALI pin and this also stabilized the clock the feed the watchdog counter.

Thanks for the recommendation, 

Eric

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eric

reason may be overheating, poor soldering (one can try to resolder chip)

or memory errors, one can try to run ddr test and rebuild image with new calibration coefficients

obtained from ddr test

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 

May be recommended to try nxp linux :

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------