cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Daul Android 6.0.1 CTS test

ruei_chang
Contributor III

Hello NXP,

I recently start teting CTS with  Android 6.0 R28 Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) - ARM

And I've got some issues below, could you check these issues for me and give me some feedback, thanks a lot.

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.ExternalStorageHostTest
-- testExternalStorageNone
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.externalstorageapp.ExternalStorageTest#testDownloadManagerPackage:
-- testExternalStorageRead
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.readexternalstorageapp.ReadExternalStorageTest#testMountPointsNotWritable:
-- testExternalStorageWrite
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.writeexternalstorageapp.WriteExternalStorageTest#testSecondaryMountPointsNotWritable:
-- testMultiUserStorageIsolated
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.multiuserstorageapp.MultiUserStorageTest#testMediaProviderUserIsolation:

According to ExternalStorageHostTest, I can 100 percent to confirm testExternalStorageRead and testExternalStorageWrite are caused by Adoptable Storage.  But I don't understand why testExternalStorageNone nad testMultiUserStorageIsolated are still FAIL. On the Internet, there is some one told me, remove the STORAGE_PRIMARY := internal then you might get pass. But I can't find this keywords so far. 

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.PermissionsHostTest
-- testInteractiveGrant
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: Failed to successfully run device tests for com.android.cts.usepermission: Instrumentation run failed due to 'Process crashed.' at com.android.cts.appsecurity.Utils.runDeviceTests(Utils.java:85)
-- testNoPermissionEscalation
fail
java.lang.AssertionError: on-device tests failed: com.android.cts.escalatepermission.PermissionEscalationTest#testCannotEscalateNonRuntimePermissionsToRuntime:

According to PermissionsHostTest, I have no idea what happended. Because I think this issue is caused by user mode. How do you think on it?

Test Report for -

com.android.cts.appsecurity.PkgInstallSignatureVerificationTest
-- testInstallApkWhichDoesNotStartWithZipLocalFileHeaderMagic
fail
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Install of v1-only-starts-with-00000000-magic.apk succeeded but was expected to fail with "INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK" at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:50)

The final issue is about PkgInstallSignatureVerificationTest, actually, I think this issue is caused by my source code. Our source is not the lastest version. Is there any latest source code that we could combine it with our source code? And maybe the CTS issues would be reduced.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ruei_chang
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Due to my BSP version is too old.  There are many test items from CTS have been updated. So I need to upgrade my source by merging Google's patch for some testing.

Here are some testing items has been fixed after merging Google's patch. Please check these items if you have these issues as well.

- android.tests.appsecurity 
1. com.android.cts.appsecurity.PkgInstallSignatureVerificationTest -testInstallApkWhichDoesNotStartWithZipLocalFileHeaderMagic
2. com.android.cts.appsecurity.ExternalStorageHostTest - testMultiUserStorageIsolated
3. com.android.cts.appsecurity.PermissionsHostTest
- testNoPermissionEscalation

android.host.multiuser 
1. android.host.multiuser.CreateUsersPermissionTes - testCantSetUserRestriction

And one thing is  com.android.cts.appsecurity.ExternalStorageHostTest - testExternalStorageNon, regarding this one, you need to make sure your device is able to connect to the Internet. Then this testing item would be passed.

haonc1
Contributor I

Hi,

About testCantSetUserRestriction test, do you have any patchs files for it? I have problem with this test.

Thanks and Best Regards,

thien

0 Kudos

ruei_chang
Contributor III

Hello Thien,

Sorry, there. I can't share these patches with you due to some business concerned. Maybe you can clone AOSP of IMX6 again. And check-out to the latest node. Compare it with your source code to find out the patches you want. Hope this message can help you. :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos