cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Custom Board and Marvell Switch 88E6161

rajniks
Contributor I

Hi,

We have a custom board based on IMX6 and we have connected 88E6161 Marvell switch which has four downstream ports in the design. We have been successful in getting one of the ports on u-boot up. We are able to ping and to TFTP. Now we want to get all the four ports up in the kernel but the Marvell driver for this switch is integrated to  Distributed Switch Architecture (DSA). Has anyone been able to  integrate the switch driver on a custom non-Marvell processor card. Any suggestion or pointers will be of great help.

We are using LTIB environment with kernel version 3.0.35

Regards

Raj

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

brianlu
Contributor I

Hi Raj,

I'm using the kernel 3.10.17, seems we can use one Marvell switch RGMII port to imx6 FEC port up and send traffic from Switch FE ports to TFTP server whether in uboot and Kernel.

For you case, when all of 4 ports up in Kernel Eth driver, you may change phy mask for all switch port phyaddr and add all ports to phy device.

fec_main.c

#if FEC_MVRL_SWITCH

/* Brian, 2014/12/18, scan the rgmii port address at 0x10 CPU port offset */

fep->mii_bus->phy_mask = (0xFFFFFFFF & ~(0x1 <<FEC_MV_E6046_PORTS_OFFSET));

#endif

if (mdiobus_register(fep->mii_bus))

BR,

Brian

0 Kudos

shu-kangtseng
Contributor I

Hi Brian,

I use kernel 3.0.35 and Marvell 88E6060.

Now the kernel Ethernet driver only link up when Ethernet cable connect first port.

The kernel Ethernet driver can not detect link when Ethernet cable connect to other ports.

I would like the kernel Ethernet driver to detect any port link.

Could you explain  FEC_MV_E6046_PORTS_OFFSET mean?

Is FEC_MV_E6046_PORTS_OFFSET 0x10 ?

How could I add all ports to phy device ?

Could you share your patch ?

Thank you very much

-Jason

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We are reviewing your request internally, you will get an update soon. 

Best regards!

/Carlos

0 Kudos

rajniks
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Any update on this request?

Regards

Raj Nikumbh

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raj,

We are having some discussions internally since your request it is on a custom board and we offer Professional Software Services for this cases,  but  I think we can share with you at least where to start.

Best regards!

/Carlos.

0 Kudos

rajniks
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for looking this up. I am doing the functional checkout for the board using Freescale linux. So if you suggest some points I will take it further from there.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raj,

The recommendation is that you can check whether "Porting the Fast Ethernet Controller Driver" in i.MX_6Dual6Quad_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf is helpful.

Best regards!

/Carlos.

0 Kudos

rajniks
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

We did have a look at this document, I don't think it helps a lot for our case. I will have to get someone in-house to look into this in further detail.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

jagsgediya
Contributor II

Hi Raj,

Can you tell me what changes you have done in u-boot to make switch up at u-boot?

I am using 88e6065 with imx6 sololite. u-boot version is v2014.xx. kernel version is 3.10.17.

Thanks,

jags

0 Kudos

rajniks
Contributor I

U-boot doesn't support switch functionality. We just got one port up by doing the init as per Marvell's recommendation over the Serial Management Bus.

0 Kudos