cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Android oreo booting

vinays
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the MCIMX6DP7CVT8AA  processor in one of my projects and the android version is  Android O8.0.0_1.0.0 (Linux 4.9 kernel). I was trying to port the android 8 into my board but the android bootup is not getting completed, it is being stopped after starting the boot animation service.

Till here I am able to see the android logo on my display after this the launcher screen is not being invoked. Help me out with this issue.

Note: Please find the log attached.

Regards,

Parvathi

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which display for your board? Have you finished the porting and set right kernel command in u-boot?

0 Kudos

vinays
Contributor II

Yes I have finished the kernel porting and the uboot command I used is:

console ttymxc0,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,fbpix=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,fbpix=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off vmalloc=128M androidboot.console=ttymxc0 consoleblank=0 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=448M galcore.contiguousSize=33554432 buildvariant=userdebug androidboot.serialno=100879d4e3167aba androidboot.soc_type=imx6qp androidboot.storage_type=sd gpt androidboot.serialno=100879d4e3167aba androidboot.soc_type=imx6qp androidboot.storage_type=sd gpt

and the display I am using is TX18D204VM0BVA.

0 Kudos

vinays
Contributor II

Hi,

I am able to start the zygote services by running the commands in the script fsl_partition_script.sh manually, but these services are running in the starting-dying loop without further initiation of other services. What will be the cause for this issue?

Please suggest to me a method to come out this issue. 

Note: Please find the attached log

Regards,

Parvathi.

0 Kudos

vinays
Contributor II

My booting is being looped after the register of Zygote socket it is not moving to further preload class and resources and service manager.

0 Kudos