IMX53 smd camera. ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX53 smd camera. ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found!

Jump to solution
janiscoders
Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to compile and set up Linux on IMX53 smd (SABRE) platform, and then all the things I learn, I try to put on our custom platform which is kind of a hybrid created from smd and QSB :smileyhappy:

The problem is that I can't get working camera on smd. I am not using ltbi, because I have Ubuntu 12.04, don't have place for Virtual machine and want to do everything myself.

Kernel is downloaded from Freescale/linux-imx at patches-imx-2.6.35_11.09.01 · GitHub. Filesystem is Ubuntu 12.04 armhf.

First I tried USB camera, which creates /dev/video0 and can record video just fine. Then I tried to get running the included camera.

As I understand - these modules must be installed: modprobe ov5642_camera && modprobe mxc_v4l2_capture.

lsmod shows that these modules are loaded with their respective dependencies. But when I try to do anything with the /dev/video0 file it always shows error on dmesg ERROR: v4l2 capture: slave not found!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think the file you are using is not for i.MX53SMD board.

Please download the demo image or source code specially used for i.MX53SMD here

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX53SABRETAB >

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think the file you are using is not for i.MX53SMD board.

Please download the demo image or source code specially used for i.MX53SMD here

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RDIMX53SABRETAB >

0 Kudos
janiscoders
Contributor III

The problem was really, because I used LOCO configuration as base when compiling u-boot. Then Linux kernel thought this was LOCO board and didn't configure i2c camera right.

After merging some SMD camera specific code in LOCO config file, everything worked.

0 Kudos