cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[IMX53 QSB ] Set default sound card for Android

phuongdangminh
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using IMX53 QSB with Andeneo Android 2.3 and need to play video via HDMI cable but no sound out put

but only SGTL5000. How to set default with card1 (imx3stackspdif) instead card0 (SGTL5000) ?

# /system/bin/alsa_aplay -D hw:1,0 -f dat /mnt/sdcard/download/equinox-48KHz.wav

Play a wav file by using the alsa_player and it can ouput via HMDI that mean the driver works properly

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you tried anything?

I´ve been studying this, and looks like Android would be able to swicth to HDMI audo automaticaly.

I was not able to get a HDMI monitor so far, so I had not tried it yet.

Could you, please, share your tests?

0 Kudos

phuongdangminh
Contributor III

Thanks for your respond,

Maybe there are some limit in the Android source code of Adeneo. I tried it but no result, only audio output via the headphone Jack.

Android doesn't like linux, I don't known where to setting HDMI audio output options or modify the source code.

Regards,

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

well, if you want to modify source code, you will change something on alsa, but I took a look in the source, and it looks like it is smart enough to understand when you swap the output.

Maybe, some set.prop on Android layer to determinates the output....

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for my delay. I may had missed your comment on my document.

I´m still working on how to configure spdif/hdmi default output for android rootfs, so I don´t have a detailed how-to.

As soon as I have any update I let you know

phuongdangminh
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you very much. I'm waiting for you.

Regards,

0 Kudos