Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX233 Power Supply!!!

Jump to solution
Anan
Contributor II

Hello everyone!!!

I am IMX233 for one of the projects.

As per the datasheet for powering up the IMX233 I need a 5.0V power supply. IMX233 contains internal DC - DC Converters to generate 1.8V, 1.2V and 3.3V and a Regulator to generate 2.5V from 3.3V. These regulators and DC-DC converters will take care of power sequencing as well.

Problem: I don't have a 5.0V on board to power-up DC-DC converter of IMX233 and I don't want to use a boost regulator to generate 5.0V from 3.3V and feed to IMX233.

• I am thinking to power-up internal regulator to generate 2.5V from 3.3V. 
  • Using diodes or some regulators I will generate 1.8V and 1.2V from 3.3V to power up the analog and digital core of IMX233

Anyone please suggest whether it is correct way of powering the IMX233 or I need to follow some other method and how can I take care of power sequencing which is required for IMX233.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

-Anand

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

Actually, the DCDC converters use DCDC_BATT pin as input. In your application, you can simply feed the 3.3V to DCDC_BATT for powering the i.MX233.

When using DCDC_BATT, you need to assert PSWITCH to power up the i.MX233. You can refer to Section 32.3.3 on the datasheet for more information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
arthur_lai
Senior Contributor II

Actually, the DCDC converters use DCDC_BATT pin as input. In your application, you can simply feed the 3.3V to DCDC_BATT for powering the i.MX233.

When using DCDC_BATT, you need to assert PSWITCH to power up the i.MX233. You can refer to Section 32.3.3 on the datasheet for more information.