IMX series calls GST streaming memory leak problem ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX series calls GST streaming memory leak problem ?

baijinlong
Contributor III
Hello everyone!
Have I encountered a streaming memory leak problem?
First, I tested through the IMX6Q platform, using nfs to mount the shared native directory to play local MP4 video files, and found that when the gst-launch-1.0 is called to play MP4 files, the system memory will always increase (a few hours will cause System crash);
    Decode the play local video file command:
     gst-launch-1.0 playbin video-sink=overlaysink uri=file:///home/root/countdown.mp4
Secondly, I suspect that it is not a platform problem, so the above test was also carried out after replacing the IMX8 series, and the result is still the same (memory leak).
   Decode the play local video file command:
   gst-launch-1.0 playbin video-sink=waylandsink uri=file:///home/root/countdown.mp4
Therefore, I used some means to locate the memory leak, or failed to effectively locate, I suspect this should be a BUG, I hope to get your help, thank you!
0 Kudos
4 Replies

davidshabat
Contributor I

Hi Jinlong,

We are facing the same problem and from the time past and quiet on this thread I beleive you have solved the issue.

Did you? Can you tell how you solved it?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

baijinlong
Contributor III

Hi,igorpadykov :

Thank you for your reply, I still don't understand very well. In theory, getting local file playback will not cause memory release (such as gst-play-1.0 decoding playback will not appear memory leak); however, as long as you use RTSP decoding to play There will be a memory leak. I want to know if RTSP (gst-lauch-1.0 implementation) can be used to manually release the memory used each time. ? ? When performing the following tests, the memory leak rate will be faster than gst-lauch-1.0 decoding to play local files:

The following are examples of the use I found online:

pastedImage_6.png

For example, running on IMX6Q:

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_9.png

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

I don't know much about configuring the corresponding parameters through the documentation you gave. What are the meanings of some configuration parameters in the following figure, and the corresponding documentation? It is best to provide some documentation. Thank you!

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jinlong

for i.MX8MQ one can try :

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=file.mp4 ! video/quicktime ! qtdemux ! queue ! vpudec ! queue ! kmssink force-hantrotile=true

with Demo Images from

i.MX Software | NXP 

For i.MX6Q one can follow sect.7.3.1 Playback use cases attached Linux Guide,

use Demo Images from above link

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

baijinlong
Contributor III

Tried, there are still some problems, I hope to get your help! Thank you!

0 Kudos