cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR and IMX6SX

mirkoardinghi1
Contributor IV

Hi,

I would like to debug the M4 core with IAR while yocto, fido release, is running in the A9 core.

Unfortunately if I stop the M4 core with IAR the A9 core stops too.

I'm using a sabre board + IAR + I-jet

What I did:

1) I created a simple application with IAR for M4

int main()

{

while (1);

}

and I generated the binary (called M4.bin) .

2) for the A9 I built the yocto sd card  and as device-tree I used the imx6sx-sabreauto-m4.dts

I loaded the M4.bin in the sd card together the uImage file.

3) I booted the sabre with the sd card

4) In the u-boot console, I loaded the M4.bin file and I started the M4 core

a) fatload mmc 0:1 0x78000000 M4.bin;

b) bootaux 0x78000000

5) I loaded linux

6) Finally I attached IAR to the M4 core and it works, now I can debug the M4 software.

There is only one big problem: When I stop the M4 core the A9 core stops too, when I resume the M4 core the A9 core resume too.

If I used IAR to debug both cores (without linux on A9 but with a program made by IAR) I can stop/resume the cores independently.

Anyone can help me?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to the Figure 57-2 of the i.MX6SoloX Applications Processor Reference Manual Rev.0 document. It shows multiple JTAG TAPs (SJC, SDMA, Cortex-A9, Cortex-M4), connected in series within the i.MX6SoloX SoC. So, please check whether your IAR software is configured properly to support the i.MX6SoloX JTAG TAP chain configuration.

The document, mentioned above, can be found on the i.MX6SoloX Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos