Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S master using imx6q

Jump to solution
yann_cardaillac
Contributor II

Hi there,

I'm currently working on phytec mira board, see iMX6 Single Board Computer | Embedded Linux ARM Development Board | Android | PHYTEC 

I wish to use the AUD5 port as I2S master, first I would like to see at least i2s clocks when performing a speaker-test, however even if I'm able to see a soundcard using "aplay -l" I don't have anything in AUD5...

I found some hint here and there and I'm using the work of Caleb see : linux-mx6-ssi-test/0002-DTSI-for-wandboard-loopback-test.patch at master · ccrome/linux-mx6-ssi-test... in order to use AUD5 as a I2S master.

Here is my dts : [C] // SPDX-License-Identifier: (GPL-2.0+ OR MIT) /* * Copyright (C) 2018 PHYTEC - Pastebin.com 

If you had any leads for me that would be amazing, I've been stuck on this for days... I've started reading the documentation about SSI and AUD, but I'm not understanding everything yet, any help would be deeply appreciated.

Regards,

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yann_cardaillac
Contributor II

Hi,

I talked to Phytec's support and they offer me a bunch of patches for the issue. I also had a few misconceptions with how AUDMUX and SSI and Pads were actually connected together.

All of that allowed me to fix the issue and have the SSI working as master.

To make it work you'll also need Phytec's patches but that not up to me to publish. If needed ask me and I'll refer you to their support.

You also would need to follow this thread and add the patch mentioned there : [alsa-devel] Simple-card without codec for testing purpose 

Regards,

Yann

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi yann

one can try dummy sound card patch
[alsa-devel] Imx6 i2s master driver without i2c 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
yann_cardaillac
Contributor II

Hi,

Igor, thanks for the link, but this what I based my work on, but so far not much improvement... I suspect my pinmuxing to be wrong, but I don't really understand how SSIx and AUDx are connected together, so there's probably something wrong about this.

I tried to use SSI0 also but it didn't work out. Here is my actual (not functionning dts) Pastebin.com , I saw that there's some dma work going on when I check interrupts and when I use speaker-test, so there's probably some business going. What do you think ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
yann_cardaillac
Contributor II

Hi,

I talked to Phytec's support and they offer me a bunch of patches for the issue. I also had a few misconceptions with how AUDMUX and SSI and Pads were actually connected together.

All of that allowed me to fix the issue and have the SSI working as master.

To make it work you'll also need Phytec's patches but that not up to me to publish. If needed ask me and I'll refer you to their support.

You also would need to follow this thread and add the patch mentioned there : [alsa-devel] Simple-card without codec for testing purpose 

Regards,

Yann

0 Kudos