I2C repeated start bit needs 1ms delay. Why and is it right?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C repeated start bit needs 1ms delay. Why and is it right?

sindhuantony
Contributor I

Hi, I am using a TQMAX6 module with IMX.6Dual core processor. My code kept crashing and restarting due to watchdog, but then again it was a repeated start until a delay of 1ms was introduced after the setting of RSTA bit in I2CR register of the I2C module.

There are 3 slaves connected. 

1. EEPROM

2. Temperature sensor

3. IOExpander

Is 1 ms too much of a delay? I found other sporadic crashes after this was done, although the initial crashing was solved after this. I am using a micrium OS, not LINUX. So please help me with an RTOS point of view.

Thanks,

Sindhu Antony

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First, please carefully check your I2C code flowchart against the procedures, described in the Sections 35.5 "Initialization" and 35.6 "Software restriction" of the i.MX6Dual/Quad Reference Manual document, available on the processor's Documentation web page:

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/applications-processors/i.mx-applicatio...

From the hardware point of view, check the presence and the value of the I2C bus pull-up resistors (their typical value should be 4.7 to 10 kOhm).

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos