Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C freeze on i.MX6q_sabreauto

Jump to solution
mihai
Contributor I

Hi,

I've been using the iMX6q_sabreauto board with linux-2.6-imx.git imx-android-r13.4-ga.

Attached I have a HannStar LVDS display and also an iAP auth chip.

Both LVDS and auth chip are available on i2c-1. The TS driver used is egalax.

LVDS is the first one to be initialized then followed by a procedure on the auth chip. After the auth, the LVDS is freezed for ~3-4 sec and then it becomes reactive again.

I can also confirm that if I try to use the TS during the freeze period while doing a "getevent", not input event is received.

I think a similar issue has been mentioned here: https://community.freescale.com/message/290018#290018

Does anyone have an idea about the root cause ?

Thanks,

Mihai.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mihai
Contributor I

Hi Oliver,

By frozen I meant that we cannot receive any input events on I2S from LVDS input device.

In the end I've managed to find the problem, and it was related to the authentication procedure between iAP auth chip. Somehow, the auth procedure left the bus in bad state and it took a couple of seconds to restart it.

To answer to your last question, without auth chip the issue couldn't be reproduced.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Regards,

Mihai.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support
Re: I2C freeze on i.MX6q_sabreauto

Oliver BrownEmployee

Hi,

I have a few questions. When you say that the LVDS is frozen, has the display image frozen or does the touchscreen
stop responding to system events?

Also, have you tried to reproduce the problem with the iAP auth chip removed from the system?

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos
mihai
Contributor I

Hi Oliver,

By frozen I meant that we cannot receive any input events on I2S from LVDS input device.

In the end I've managed to find the problem, and it was related to the authentication procedure between iAP auth chip. Somehow, the auth procedure left the bus in bad state and it took a couple of seconds to restart it.

To answer to your last question, without auth chip the issue couldn't be reproduced.

Thanks a lot for helping!

Regards,

Mihai.

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

No update  from customer

0 Kudos