I2C RPMSG Driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C RPMSG Driver

hellfire3456789
Contributor II

Hi, I see in the Linux kernel there's an i2c-rpmsg-imx.c driver which uses RPMSG to manage an i2c controller that's controlled by the M4 core. Is there any source code available for the M4 side of this driver? Preferably for the imx7d but I'm happy with any other processor as well.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick

one can look at i.MX7D FreeRTOS examples in folder../driver_examples/i2c_imx/

Windows Installer: i.MX 7Dual/Solo FreeRTOS BSP for Cortex-M4

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

hellfire3456789
Contributor II

I think you misunderstand, there's a driver in Linux that uses the RPMSG system to control the I2C bus through the M4.

There must be some sort of M4 side software required for this, I'm looking for this code. It's not the I2C side of the M4 code that I'm having trouble with, it's the RPMSG interface. This may be software for the IMX8D or IMX8Q, I see references to this driver into the device tree for those (fsl,i2c-rpbus).

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

seems i.MX8QXP, there are reference to imx_rpmsg_i2c in

imx8qxpmek CAN-FD cannot found 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/530194 

also one can look at RPMSG driver description in i.MX Linux Reference Manual

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos