cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Problems on i.MX53 Buses

johnwhittaker
Contributor I

Hi All,

I have a design nearly identical to the QSB.  Whereas the QSB uses the i.MX535 my design uses the i.MX536 for automotive temperature range.  The board boots all the way to the Android desktop.  I have tested multiple boards and each board has two of these i.MX53 circuits.  All behave identical.

Using external bus analyzers we observe proper operation.  IN the main case the i.MX53 reads a 0x60 from an I2C device.  Yet the Linux app reads this as 0xFF.  This happens on buses I2C1 and I2C2.

The i.MX536 has not had any eFuses programmed.   It is as if instead of the I2C data line being configured as I/O, it is being an output only.  The I/MX53 is writing the I2C clock and data properly, but I2C reads are bing read as all 1's.

Has anybody experienced this?  It seems like a configuration error, but we are stumped so far for an explanation.. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

John

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

John

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

John

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,John,

I agree with you, the issue should be generated from configuration. Could you send your schematic & BSP file(such as mx53_loco.c) to me ?  I want to konw those pins,devices for I2C1/I2C2 and their related codes in BSP.

my email : weidong.sun@freescale.com

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos