I-mx8Mini power button switch problem, similar to mobile phone power button, how to achieve?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-mx8Mini power button switch problem, similar to mobile phone power button, how to achieve?

Only_聆听
Contributor III

Respect for NXP technology engineering:

I am currently using i-MX8 MINI with PMIC PCA9450A. I want to use a touch button to realize the power button functions like mobile phones, such as long press to start up, long press to shut down, short press to wake up and other functions.

I looked up the PCA9450 specs and I saw that PMIC_RST_B might be able to wake up with a long press by setting its reset decay time to register T_PMIC_RST_DEB.  

But NOW I have a question. Suppose I connect the power key to PMIC_RST_B, how can I-MX8 recognize the key long press to realize the popup prompt to turn off the power or select restart

I'd like some advice from you, thank you

Only__0-1642422309452.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BiyongSUN
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, the imx8MM evk already design like you descript. 

The the on-off button(SW901) will handle this .

Have you ever tried that on i.mx8MM evk board?

Have you read the schematic carefully?

when you long press the sw901, the board will turn off, can you can see the D1 will turn off, too.

Then, you long press the sw901, the board will boot up and the D1 will turn on. 

PMIC_ON_REQ will toggle when onoff button long pressed. 

So far, this hardware design, first time the board will board up by plugin the power supply. 

If you want the board first also by press onoff button, you can refer to the i.mx6 sdb optional onoff button design.

IMG_20220124_165920.jpg

0 Kudos

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Currently ,we don''t have such solution.

0 Kudos