cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.mx6 dual lite 2 screen output : ePaper Display and eDP retina panel

Jump to solution
nikitatsarov
Contributor II

Before I begin, may I confirm that apart from I.MX7 duo that is still to be released,

the most powerful Freescale chip that supports ePaper such as eink displays is I.MX6 Dual lite?

I.MX6Dual and I.MX6Dual Plus have no EPDC output to eInk, right?

I would like to switch output between : EPDC eInk screen MIPI DSI to eDP retina panel 2048x1536

Running android 4.2.

Any good Freescale developer boards with Dual lite and EPDC epaper exposed pin interface?

These are some boards I found with I.MX6 Dual Lite but sadly NO EPDC eInk pins exposed?

WandboardDual

RidgeRun Dual lite

Imx6Rex

BoundaryDevices i.mx6

Toradex Colibri

MarS board

I would really appreciate picking up an inexpensive i.mx6 Dual Lite board with EPDC exposed by default, any ideas?

Would it be worth getting a none EPDC board from the list above and then figure out how to expose the EPDC interface of the I.MX6 BGA manually?

In terms of drivers for EPDC interface and MiPi DSI ,where do I get Android 4.2 and Linux drivers?

would appreciate any help, please.

Nikita

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikita

right, seems i.MX6DL most powerful among supporting EPDC.

i.MX6 Sabre SDP board MCIMX6DL-SDP, spf-27417 connector J506 is EPDC connector.

I am not aware of Android 4.2 drivers, but for Linux one can check

latest BSP, refer to attached Release Notes p.21

Board Support Packages (29)

L3.14.52_1.1.0_MX6QDLSOLO (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nikita

right, seems i.MX6DL most powerful among supporting EPDC.

i.MX6 Sabre SDP board MCIMX6DL-SDP, spf-27417 connector J506 is EPDC connector.

I am not aware of Android 4.2 drivers, but for Linux one can check

latest BSP, refer to attached Release Notes p.21

Board Support Packages (29)

L3.14.52_1.1.0_MX6QDLSOLO (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
nikitatsarov
Contributor II

Thanks Igor. That helps me a lot!

Regarda,

Nikita

0 Kudos