Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't findor acess to NAND on IMX28 EVK

Jump to solution
mickaelbernard
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm actually  try to boot on NAND of my IMX28 EVK board but when I search mtd0 or else on /dev/ on my board, I can't find anyone. I have a lot of tty, pty, but not them. Udev and mtd-utils in ltib are checked. I think my configuration is bad but i don't know where is wrong. My question is how to find or configure them? 

Thanks in advance

PS: This is my linux.conf

Original Attachment has been moved to: linux.config.zip

Labels (1)
1 Solution
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Your initial question was about NAND, then you switched to CAN.

The mx28evk does not come with a NAND chip populated, but if you populate a NAND chip into the slot and pass 'gpmi' you should be able to see the NAND getting detected in the kernel log.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
samuelsalas
Contributor III

And this might be helpfull if you use the patch and want to use the CAN with canutils

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1437

I Just made it wok today, I can go back home for the weekend :smileyhappy:

mickaelbernard
Contributor II

Thanks for the help. I try for the CAN and I realise I have already try this but when I didn't seen /dev/can0 or else, I through the CAN didn't work but now I try to listen and after to send a message and it work. I'm so sad, the answer was so close ^^

For the NAND my problem is not on the boot, it's before that. In /dev, I don't have mtd0 ... or mtdblock0... so when I want to erase or write on the NAND I can't and I have this message

root@imx28 /$ flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0
flash_eraseall: /dev/mtd0: No such file or directory

if I cat /proc/mtd I have no partition

root@imx28 /$ cat /proc/mtd

dev:    size   erasesize  name

root@imx28 /$

I can create the port manually but I don't know how to make the link to the hardware.

Regards

Mickael

0 Kudos
samuelsalas
Contributor III

1/ On evaluation board, there is a dipswitch S2 to choose your boot mode : see "§2.3 Boot Mode" in

IMX28EVKHUG.pdf. Have you tried that?

2/ For the CAN stuff :

• Modifying bitrate :

$ echo 250000 > /sys/devices/platform/FlexCAN.0/bitrate

• Read bitrate :

$ cat /sys/devices/platform/FlexCAN.0/bitrate

• CAN activation on « can0 » :

$ ip link set can0 up

• Sending message

$ cantest can0 ‘71E#DEADBEEF’

• Witing for message

$ cantest can0 &

To deploy cantest :

./ltib -m prep -p cantest

./ltib -m scbuild -p cantest.spec

./ltib -m scinstall -p cantest.spec

./ltib -m scdeploy -p cantest.spec

Then: sudo scp rootfs/usr/bin/cantest root@192.168.1.25:/usr/bin

But FYI, there is a bug in the driver :

https://community.freescale.com/message/273094#273094

Hope it helps...

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you tried passing "gpmi" in your kernel command line?

0 Kudos
mickaelbernard
Contributor II

Hi, thanks for reply

Yes I try but nothing change. I noticed that my port can0 and can1 are not here too but when I search on my board in /sys/devices/platform and I found FlexCAN.0 and FlexCAN.1. I try to see the difference between FlexCAN.0 and mxs-auart.1 per example and I realise the directory tty with the name of the port inside is missing(I don't know if I was clear) and I don't know how to change that.

I change a few option in my kernel to activate NAND like describe in i.MX28_Linux_BSP_RM.pdf part 14.4 and this my linux.conf now.

Best regards

Mickael

0 Kudos
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, I am a bit confused. Your initial question was about NAND, then you switched to CAN.

The mx28evk does not come with a NAND chip populated, but if you populate a NAND chip into the slot and pass 'gpmi' you should be able to see the NAND getting detected in the kernel log.

mickaelbernard
Contributor II

Sorry for that, I found the problem of my CAN after the NAND and when I didn't seen both of port, I thought it was the same problem, but no. I'm a little dumb because in the NAND socket there is no NAND and I don't realize that.

Thanks to both of you for your replies, that help me very much.

Regards

Mickael

0 Kudos