cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find MURATA Type 1CQ - LBEE5U91CQ-TEMP - for i.MX8 PCB

jorge2
Contributor I

Hi community and NXP team!

We are developing a PCBA with i.MX8, but we can't find the recommended Murata WIFI/BT IC Type 1CQ available to source from anywhere. #REF LBEE5U91CQ-TEMP or LBEE5U91CQ-281. Only seems to be available for backorder on large quantities.

Therefore we can't SMT and test our new board correctly. 

Does anyone know where we can buy this IC from, or does anyone have a handful of them that could to sell to us?

Thanks!!

Jorge.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hello, actually, it would be better if you use one of the newer modules with better support. For example, the Murata Type 1CX (https://wireless.murata.com/type-1cx.html ) would be a great option for you. 1CX is also has PCIe based interface, just like 1CQ, so it will work with i.MX 8MQ very well. Refer to the Murata Quick Start guide on details of how to bring it up: https://wireless.murata.com/datasheet?/RFM/data/murata_quick_start_guide_linux.pdf .

0 Kudos

jorge2
Contributor I

Thanks for the hints, Romit!

Our status is that we already printed our i.MX8 custom board and SMTed all the other ICs. We basically only figured out that the Murata 1CQ was not available from any distributor - that we know of - when we were about to start SMT.

As you can see on the bottom left, WLAN/BT Murata Type 1CQ is missing on our board. So we do need to find a pin-2-pin compatible IC with this one. Otherwise, we need to go back and change our schematics and firmware.

Do you know if Type 1CX is pin-2-pin compatible with the 1CQ?

Thanks,

Jorge

pcba-alexa-imx8-mainboardlabs.jpg

0 Kudos

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Unfortunately, the 1CX and 1CQ modules are not pin-to-pin compatible.

0 Kudos

romitchatterjee
Contributor V
0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

If you want to buy the product in low quantities. What I suggest you is to go with a Distributor. A Distributor should have available for sale the product that you are looking for in low quantities.

However, LBEE5U91CQ is not an official NXP product. That product is being developed by Murata. For better support about the product I highly recommend you to go with Murata. They could help you with the problems that you have regarding this product.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

jorge2
Contributor I

Thanks Diego!

None of the IC distributors I work with have this IC available.

I've read that Murata only responds for orders of 5k pcs and above, which is a showstopper for me, as I'm still on EVT PCBA verification phase, and not ready to order on such quantities.

Nevertheless, I'll contact Murata and see if they can help out on finding a few pcs.

Sincerely,

Jorge

0 Kudos