I am trying to install freeglut but that is ommiting error [Just wnt to confirm that whether opengl is not available bydefault]

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to install freeglut but that is ommiting error [Just wnt to confirm that whether opengl is not available bydefault]

Jump to solution
sandeep_rai
Contributor II

/freeglut-3.2.1# cmake . -DFREEGLUT_WAYLAND=ON
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmak:
Could NOT find OpenGL (missing: OPENGL_opengl_LIBRARY OPENGL_glx_LIBRARY
OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:378 (_FPHSA)
/usr/share/cmake-3.13/Modules/FindOpenGL.cmake:395 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STAND)
CMakeLists.txt:262 (FIND_PACKAGE)...

This is directly trying to install on board with cmake command.

Board: imx8qxp [4.14.78x]

compiled with thsi command:

bitbake fsl-image-qt5

In case unavailability let me know how to add feature like: libmesa-dev, mesa-common-dev, libglu1-mesa-dev, freeglut3-dev, python3-openGL......

1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sandeep,

Opengl is available by default in MX8QXP, You need to find the freeglut that are for 64bit libraries.

regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sandeep_rai
Contributor II

Can you Plese provide some refrence for adding free-glut to add with yocto with full functionality. i found that glut shared binaries are avaialable at /usr/lib but there is no glut-devel present means headers file are missed [I took installed those headers manually and successfuly compiled].

I have also faced a run time error such as freeglut ( ): OpenGL GLX extension not supported by display ':0'....

how to resolve above issue....If there is some steps missed could you please let me know the right steps to be resolved with refrences or steps....?

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sandeep,

Opengl is available by default in MX8QXP, You need to find the freeglut that are for 64bit libraries.

regards

sandeep_rai
Contributor II

Along with That Can you please share the way how to download Vivante...Tool Kit.

Does Vivante tool-kit Internally support feature of opengl and opencv?

0 Kudos