I.MX8MM Android Booting already, but the display is not shown.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX8MM Android Booting already, but the display is not shown.

elim
Contributor II

Hi communicators.

I porting finished of i.MX8MM (mini) B Type Board Android10.0.0(Q) Image.

And I booting the boot mode of Booting Switch

and the U-Boot prompt setting env to this:

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30890000,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M@0x400M-0xb80M androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware transparent_hugepage=never androidboot.wificountrycode=CN androidboot.lcd_density=213

or

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 earlycon=ec_imx6q,0x30890000,115200 init=/init androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale cma=800M@0x400M-0xb80M androidboot.primary_display=imx-drm firmware_class.path=/vendor/firmware transparent_hugepage=never androidboot.wificountrycode=CN androidboot.lcd_density=213

and must: saveenv

this command is 

android_Q10.0.0_1.0.0_docs/Android_User's_Guide.pdf's one of them.

pastedImage_5.png

and I reboot the board

so, recently the Android OS booting

but the Display nothing show.

just void. nothing is shown.

and this my board putty terminal screenshot:

pastedImage_8.png

look at the red line, Android launcher is alive.

how can I to the display wake up?

Aha, The display I have is MX_8_DSI_OLED1 (DSI-MIPI)

pastedImage_10.png

thanx.

3 Replies

elim
Contributor II

but I had a flashed to through UUU.exe what a dtbo and vbmeta .img File

look at the Screenshot:

pastedImage_4.png

and I UUU.exe executed consult a manual guide:

pastedImage_7.png

My Computer CMD Screenshot:

pastedImage_8.png

and so on porting finish,

But the MIPI Display Not wake up After attaching the u-boot "setenv" and "saveenv"

pastedImage_5.png

0 Kudos

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi elim@sstd.co.kr‌,

Which images you are using, Android 10.0.0.1.0.0 prebuilt images or Custom build images?

Please download the Android 10.0.0.1.0.0 prebuilt images from this link. As shown in the below screenshot.

android_10.png

In this folder, you will find the images for the MIPI panel display as shown in the below screenshot.

android_10_images.png

Now, to flash the images using the uuu script, you need to apply the proper option. Please follow Section 3.3 and Table 2. Options for uuu_imx_android_flash tool Flashing board images of Android_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf attached herewith.

To use the MIPI panel display, you can flash the images through uuu using a below-mentioned command. 

• sudo ./uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -t sd -d mipi-panel (To flash images in SD Card)

There is no need to set the bootargs as well. 

I hope this will solve the problem.

Let us know if you are still facing any issues.

Regards,

Shivani

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi elim@sstd.co.kr‌,

You have to use dtbo-imx8mm-mipi-panel.img and vbmeta-imx8mm-mipi-panel.img images to use the MIPI Panel Display.

I have checked the Android 10.0.0.1.0.0 prebuilt images and I am able to get the display.

Hope this will help you.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Shivani

0 Kudos