Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX7 LPDDR3 DQ swap in the byte

Jump to solution
frankyhsu
Contributor III

Hi

We are refer to i.MX7 7D LPDDR3 CPU VAL BOARD design. In the LPDDR3 page, we see the DQx are swapped in its own byte group. Is there any rule needing to follow or we can swap any location we want in the byte? I can not see a rule in the connection of the EVK schematic. The only rule seems to be the byte need to have the corresponding strobe, is it?

Thanks.

pastedImage_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Franky

you are right, for lpddr3 only rule that byte need to have the corresponding strobe,

for ddr3 some swap restrictions were imposed by “Write Leveling” section in JESD79-3E.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Franky

you are right, for lpddr3 only rule that byte need to have the corresponding strobe,

for ddr3 some swap restrictions were imposed by “Write Leveling” section in JESD79-3E.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!