cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6ULL Image Rotation Using PXP

tkcheng01
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using i.mx6ull chipset with release fsl-yocto-L4.9.11_1.0.0. I would like to implement framebuffer image rotation (90 degree) using PXP. I manage to run imx-test/Display/pxp_test.out demo on EVK. Below are the snapshot of image for no rotation, with command: .pxp_test.out -I "-o/dev/fb0 -r0"

rotation_00.jpeg Diagram 1

When I executed rotation of 90degree with command: ./pxp_test.out -I "-o/dev/fb0 -r90", I would expect the image is rotate 90 degree, with a section of the image fall outside of the LCD screen, as shown below.

simulate_rotate90_crop.pngDiagram 2

But in actual the output is shown as below.

rotation_90.jpeg Diagram 3

We tried to modify the parameter in the pxp_test.c(especially on width, height of srect/drect/s0_param parameters) to try achieve of Diagram2 but it is unsuccessful.

Kindly advise what changes is require in code to get output as in Diagram 2.

It would be very helpful if I can have some documentations on usage of the pxp library

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tk

I am not aware of documentation for usage pxp library, but

possible rotation shifting is described in sect.41.3.25 Rotation

i.MX6ULL Reference Manual in "NOTE" on p.2514
http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULLRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tkcheng01
Contributor III

I found another pxp example(pxp_v4l2_test.out) in the imx-test, which is working. Command i use as below:
pxp_v4l2_test.out -sx 240 -sy 400 -res 400:80 -dst 0:0:240:400 -a 0 -w 2 -f 1 -r 270 daisy-400x240-565.rgb BLANK