I.MX6UL USB not working if boot from QSPI

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6UL USB not working if boot from QSPI

z3
Contributor II

If using JTAG to load my program (i.MX6UL based device) to RAM, USB works. But the same program flashed to QSPI NOR and loaded by NXP bootrom code, USB does not work. The host PC does not even detect our device. OTG1 UTMI PHY Control 0 Register is 0 indicates clock invalid. Any suggestions? Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

z3
Contributor II

CCGR6 is enabled. I have also enabled CCM_ANALOG_PLL_USB1 according the procedure by NXP document:

1.   Enable PLL.

2.   Set POWER bit to power-up the PLL.

3.   Wait for PLL_LOCK bit to assert.

4.   Clear BYPASS bit. This will switch the PLL output from Bypass clock to PLL output clock.

5.   Set EN_USB_CLKS. This enables the PLL’s 9-phase clock output for the PHY

It is still not working. 

I always cycle power before loading by JTAG. So I think the i.MX6UL bootrom code runs first and initialize the USB as a HID device. My code then reinitialize the USB to another device. I guess the bootrom code help me some how. When configured to boot from QSPI, the bootrom loads code from QSPI and never initialize the USB.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

is it working with uboot:

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tree/?h=imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga&id=rel_... 

in uboot/include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h set  #define CONFIG_CMD_USB 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

z3
Contributor II

I finally got over this issue. It is the i.MX6UL bootrom helped us when using JTAG. Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Qing

please check that usb clocks are enabled in CCM_CCGR6

register.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos