Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6Q aboute MIPI lane clk

richarddestiny
Contributor III

Hi,ALL

I see

Some Experience When Enable MIPI Camera

my sensor is OV10640,and the lan clk is 800MHZ,it's saied  that  if the clock lane frequency is 128MHz, the clock range should be 250-270MHz because of DDR clock mode, that mean i should set clock range to 1600MHZ? or other clk?

thanks for your reply!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Richard

in case 800MHz  value "0x14" , described in Debug steps for customer

MIPI sensor.docx should be used.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

richarddestiny
Contributor III

Hi,igorpadykov

the default  clock set for ov5640 is "0x14",that means ov5640's clock is about 800MHZ ? but I used oscilloscope measured the clock is "160MHZ" when 1280*720  and   "50MHZ" when 640*480 also, i get the register value of MIPI_CSI2_PHY_STATE  is 0x300 when run 0v5640,but  when  run ov10640 in 800MHZ,I get the register value of MIPI_CSI2_PHY_STATE is 0x230, is that  mean the clock have some mistake? 

and I'm not sure the  virtual channl is corrected set,how can i make sure of this?

QQ图片20151125203252.png

thanks for your  replay!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If the clocks are not matched, the MX6x MIPI_CSI Error state register MIPI_CSI_ERR1

is not 0, it would be 0x3, “Start of Transmission Error on data lane”.

So when enable new MIPI camera, need to measure the frequency of clock lane, or

calculate from the related sensor register, then configure MPII DPHY clock.

For virtual channel read "Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor.docx " it shows

steps, also configure OV10640. Since its datasheet is not publicly available, it

is not possible to advice you its settings.

0 Kudos

richarddestiny
Contributor III

Re: imx6q sabre AI board MIPI camera.

there is a sample problem ,The address 0x021DC014 register's bit 8 is different. (this bit Indicates that the clock lane is actively receiving a DDR clock)

how can i  fixed it?

0 Kudos