I.MX6DL CPU frequency&SOC_ARM_Voltage configuration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6DL CPU frequency&SOC_ARM_Voltage configuration

tommyduan
Contributor III

Recently the customer returned three machines, the main problem is that the machine is start for a period of time to restart frequently!Ifind the log that system crash!we use cpu:imx6dl,2GB DDR3,Android 4.4.2,kernel:3.0.35!The system crashed about a minute after startup!At this point, the CPU frequency is reduced by half,I have the following questions:

(1)Why is the CPU frequency reduced by half after starting up?What causes it?Can I set the unfixed frequency?Where to change?(start cpu frequency is 800HZ   after about a minute is 400HZ;

(2)When CPU frequency reduce 400HZ,system will restar!At this time, if I change the following ARM voltage from 1.075v to 1.17v, there will be no restart!I checked the official website for 6DL Kernel: 3.0.35. The ARM voltage here is 1.075v!I also tested the voltage correctly!However, I checked the official website and found android 5.1 version with 1.17v Settings!How much is the 6DL Kernel 3.0.35 set here? Is there any parameter data?

we change the image below!1075000 change 1175000

1_20190314091233.jpg

I checked the official website and found android 5.1 version with 1.17v Settings!

2_20190314091319.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi tommy

for kernel:3.0.35 one can check Chapter 20 CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver,

Chapter 18 Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver attached Linux Manual.

And recheck speed grade/operating points for specific part (they may be different for commercial,

industrial, automotive) in Table 8. Operating Ranges Datasheet

i.MX 6DualLite Applications Processors | Dual Arm® Cortex®-A9 @1GHz | NXP 

If increasing ARM voltage helps, this may point to power supplies issues, big ripples (should be <5%),

instability, Check it using guidelines in i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tommyduan
Contributor III

Thanks for your replay!I look CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver!But I don't understand how to convert CPU mode?I konw first is Performance mode,Later converted to Interactive mode that cpu frequency dynamic change!Where can I set a fixed frequency mode?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

from p.159 attached above document: "To change CPU frequency manually,

you can use the userspace CPU frequency governor." p.160 gives example.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

tommyduan
Contributor III
  • Can you provide the full name of the file for this information?I find the page number you mentioned does not correspond!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

file is in attachment of this thread.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos