cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 PMIC PF0100

vigneshvasudeva
Contributor II

Hello there,

We are using MMPF0100F0EP to power the I.MX6Q processor in one of our applications. Request your help with these queries

Q1) We understand that if we are buying F0 variant (pre-programmed device) then we need not do anything more to configure the device. Say, once we power on the PMIC, it will start generating all voltage rails in sequence and levels as instructed in the pre-program. So, no efforts are required from the device driver perspective. Let us know whether our understanding is correct.

Q2) In case we get to practice Adaptive Voltage Scaling in our application whereby we will be enabling and disabling few output rails during run time to optimize the power consumption, then, we understand that this activity can be done using the I2C connection with our host, I.MX6Q But it is mentioned that the memory inside PMIC is One Time Programmable and in our case as we are utilizing the pre-programmed F0 variant. In this regard, kindly explain how we can practice Adaptive Voltage Scaling.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

JorgeRama_rezRi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vignesh,

A1) Correct. I'd just recommend you to double check that the pre-programmed voltages in version F0 are suitable and compliant with your application needs.

A2) The OTP portion of the memory is the one that corresponds to the power-up default values. Once the PF0100 is on, you can change the settings of the rest of the registers any time you want through I2C, this includes voltage scaling.

Best regards.

Jorge.

0 Kudos