cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX53 reverse video playback

paulhottell
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a requirement to play video in reverse through the VPU on the i.MX53. The video is MJPEG format. I'm manually reordering the stream, frame by frame, then copying to the VPU bitstream buffer. This technique is working, but it skips and freezes frequently. I get the warning "Incomplete finish of decoding process" when things go wrong. I've been trying to get more detailed information about the problem, but haven't had much luck.  I wanted to see if anybody else has done this before and if there are better techniques to use, or if anybody has any suggestions for getting more details from the VPU beyond the data returned by vpu_DecGetOutputInfo.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls try to use the unit test to decode the mjpeg. you can refer to the command as below:

"/unit_tests/mxc_vpu_test.out -D "-i testfile  -f 7 -t 1 -x 0""

0 Kudos

paulhottell
Contributor I

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply, I was assigned to other tasks and just got back to this. Thanks for your reply, but this command seems to play the content in forward direction. I am looking for a way to play the clip backwards, in reverse frame order.

Any thoughts on an easy way to do this? I have manually reordered the frames, but I get errors and playback stops when I attempt to decode this way.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos