[I.MX28]What is the best solution for removing recovery button?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[I.MX28]What is the best solution for removing recovery button?

Jump to solution
eunseokjung
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am using I.MX28 EVK. And, I want to made customized board that is based on EVK.

The EVK uses RESET, POWER, RECOVERY buttons. But, i don't want to use these buttons in my customized board.

In my thinking, removing the power button is possible because i will use VDD_5V pin(Automatically power on).

However, the other buttons are the problem.

How can i go into the recovery and reset mode even i haven't buttons.

I found HEG board(ADENEO EMBEDDED), they used jumper for changing the mode.

Is it best way for changing the mode?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally, in case of boot errors the i.MX28 enters the USB recovery mode automatically;

say, in case of SD boot, if there is no SD card inserted, the system enters the recovery mode.

But in the same time, boot mode pins should be properly configured in order to avoid

hanging  in JTAG wait mode, if corresponding mode was occasionally selected.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generally, in case of boot errors the i.MX28 enters the USB recovery mode automatically;

say, in case of SD boot, if there is no SD card inserted, the system enters the recovery mode.

But in the same time, boot mode pins should be properly configured in order to avoid

hanging  in JTAG wait mode, if corresponding mode was occasionally selected.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
eunseokjung
Contributor II

Thank you Yuri,

But,i use NAND for boot. So, it is not possbile to remove the NAND even i want to boot to recovery mode.

I want to go into recovery mode easily without button.

Does anyone have an idea?

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am afraid there are no other (simple) ways.

~Yuri.

0 Kudos