How to write and integrate gcov test cases with i.MXRT1170 sample code for covering average area

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write and integrate gcov test cases with i.MXRT1170 sample code for covering average area

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

Any example code for gcov test cases which is coverage more than 80% area.

Board and Environment Details:

1). Board : evk i.MXRT1170

2). mcuexpresso IDE : MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0 [Build 6237] [2021-08-06]

3). Gcov Library : GCov Integration 8.4.0.202109071933

4). SDK : 2.10.1 Version

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
As I know, there's no similar demo provided by the SDK library until now.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

But, Still I have one query how to merge multiple test cases file code coverage results into one.

- Ex. - If I am writing a one "Test_Case1.c" for "evkmimxrt1170_dcic_cm7" it's covered 58 % of a particular file(fsl_dcic.c).

- For second one "Test_Case2.c" for "evkmimxrt1170_dcic_cm7" it's covered 38 % of a particular file(fsl_dcic.c).

So , Can we merge this two test cases files output and generate one combined output result and merge the common area coverage with same .

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
1) Can we merge this two test cases files output and generate one combined output result and merge the common area coverage with same .
-- Actually, I'm not very clear with this question, whether you can explain it again
Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

Hello Jeremyzhou,

I have followed steps for generating code coverage report which is given by below link.

- Reference Link : https://mcuoneclipse.com/2021/09/19/tutorial-gnu-gcov-coverage-with-the-nxp-i-mx-rt1064/

- App1 :Ex. - I have executed this project  "evkmimxrt1170_dcic_cm7" and  it's covered 48.84 % code coverage      (gcov data)of a particular files.

-App2 :  I have executed this project  "evkmimxrt1170_elcdif_lut_cm7" and  it's covered 61.34 % code coverage      (gcov data)of a particular files.

-App3 :  I have executed this project  "evkmimxrt1170_lcdifv2_porter_duff_cm7" and  it's covered 65.63 % code coverage      (gcov data)of a particular files.

-App4 :  I have executed this project  "evkmimxrt1170_mipi_dsi_compliant_test_cm7" and  it's covered 45.82 % code coverage      (gcov data)of a particular files.

So , Can we merge this 4 application  Gcov code coverage into one Gcov representation and generate one combined output result and merge the common area coverage with same.

Below I have attached screenshot for same.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi, Thanks for your reply. 1) Can we merge this 4 application Gcov code coverage into one Gcov representation and generate one combined output result and merge the common area coverage with same. -- In my opinion, it's impossible to make it. Have a great day. TIC ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: - If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you! - We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos