cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write Raw data to NAND on iMX6

mohamed_saber
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using NXP's iMX6 board, with Integrity OS.

Currently I need to flash Raw data to the NAND with no spare / ECC values within the page it self.

for that I tried to use Segger File system and write with their Universal layer, however when dumping the data I found that each page had 10 bytes of unknown data written at the start of the page, and alot of 0xFFs written at the end of the page, noting that I am trying to write data with size = page size

When flashing the board's nand with MFGtool it works well and the board loads correctly,

but seems like Segger is not writing with the same logic as MFGTool.

Now my question is :

What are the needed configurations to write 2048 bytes to a page of the same size, while filling that page completely with no parity, spare, ecc values stored within the page it self.

OR 

Can I understand how the MFGtool flashes the NAND ? and can its flashing technique be used within a VAS to write a raw ( binary ) image to the nand?

This data to be written is supposed to be an application binary image, which means I need to write it as it is, with its ( all data written in the same order, sequentially for booting though u-boot.

Regards,

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mohamed_saber
Contributor I

Hello igorpadykov

Thank you for your support, 

Would you also know where can i find a similar SDK for iMX.8 ???

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

similar sdk are not more developed by nxp now, one

can look at MCUXpresso SDK for i.MX Cortex-M

Alpha / Beta BSPs for Microprocessors|NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohamed

some nand raw data tests can be found in baremetal sdk (zip can be

found on SMP Enable in IMX6 )

MFGtool flashes the NAND is the same way as linux, since mfg tool runs small linux image.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------