cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write BCB data structures( FCB and DBBT) over Raw Nand Flash

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am working over the IMX6solo based design in which Raw Nand Flash is used as the booting device. As per the

reference manual , Sec 8.5.2.2 , " the ROM driver uses safe NAND timings to search for a Firmware Configuration Block (FCB) that contains the optimum NAND timings, page address of Discovered Bad Block Table (DBBT) Search Area and start page address of primary and secondary firmware" If search fails to find a valid FCB, the NAND driver responds with an error . My question are as follows :

1. What is the structure for FCB and DBBT .

2. How to write the FCB and DBBT on to the Raw Nand Flash. Is there any tool or how to do manually ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

1. please refer to sect,8.5.2.3 Firmware Configuration Block i.MX6DQ Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

2. kobs-ng tool writes these structures auromatically based on nand info

provided by linux. It is used in MFG Tool.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos