How to use the small iRAM to display a big picture by IPU on imx6q?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the small iRAM to display a big picture by IPU on imx6q?

mach
Contributor I

Hi Guys,

My board is imx6q-sdb. I want to use the internal RAM as my specific framebuffer to display a big picture without using the DRAM. But the size of internal RAM (256k) is smaller than the size of the picture (> 1M). So I plan to split the picture into several parts, then use the IPU's double-buffer mechanism in "band mode" to display the part one by one. The related section is "37.4.12.2.5 Sub-Frame Double-Buffering (Band Mode)" in iMX6DQRM.

I'm not sure what I said is clear and correct, or there are other solutions I don't know. So please give me some guidance. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Mc

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It means that you can use double-buffering feature not for whole picture but only for some part you plan to draw.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos